NEC has been environmentally conscious since the early 1970s when green was just a color.
A few facts about our initiative follow:
- NEC has publicly committed itself to reducing its net-impact CO2 footprint to zero by 2010.
- NEC has been developing bioplastics for years, replacing petrochemical plastics in product cases and internal parts.
- Plans call for bioplastic side panels (made from corn) to be introduced in the fall of 2008 as optional parts on new telephone terminals.
- By 2010, NEC plans to switch 10 percent of its petrochemical plastics to bioplastics.
- NEC’s Eco Symbol label program, initiated in 1998, now appears on 5,273 NEC products in 55 product categories. In order for an NEC product to carry the Eco Symbol, it must meet all environmental soundness standards established by NEC Corporation.
- NEC Unified Solutions’s new business communications products are in line with NEC’s stated goals of reducing the net-impact of its CO2 footprint to zero by 2010. Our Green Initiative is responsible for:
- Lowering the power consumption of these products
- Complying with RoHS manufacturing standards:
- Eliminating chemicals that drive up CO2 emissions
- Using chemicals that are environmentally safe
- Eliminating lead and mercury from circuit boards
- Since 2002, NEC has funded a tree-planting program on Kangaroo Island, Australia
- Since the program’s inception:
- NEC has planted 750 acres of forests each year. (Currently 5,250 acres).
- NEC will maintain the forests through 2020, reaching 1 million tons of CO2 absorbed with approximately 6,750 acres planted
For more information about NECs commitment to addressing climate change and preserving our environment, visit
NECs Environmental Campaign.
NEC has been environmentally conscious since the 1970s:
- 1971 - NEC issues Environmental Management Guidelines, directing NEC managers to pursue green policies.
- 1991 - NEC publishes an Environmental Charter, seven âaction plans to be followed by every NEC employee. Just one of the seven: To produce energy- and resource-saving products, while giving careful thought to environmental safety issues in development and planning.
- 1998 - NEC initiates an internal environmental labeling system to help promote the development of environmentally sound products. Only NEC products that meet or exceed NECs highest environmental soundness standards can display the NEC EcoSymbol. Currently, 5,273 products in 55 product categories carry it. The numbers are continually increasing.
- 2002 - NEC launches its Forestation Program. It is committed to planting 6,750 acres of trees by 2010. NECâs commitment to maintaining the forests runs through 2020 when the annual volume of CO2 absorbed by the trees could approach one million tons.
- 2007 - NEC releases its Environmental Management Vision 2010 which publicly commits NEC to reducing its net CO2 footprint to zero by 2010. Over the last decade, the company has made great strides in reducing its CO2 emissions.
- 2008 - NEC Unified Solutions introduces new products that are both power efficient and compliant with RoHS green manufacturing standards. NEC introduces optional side panels made of bioplastics on new terminals.
The Materials contained in this page are the copyrighted property of NEC Infrontia, Inc. We are NOT NEC, but Simply an independent NEC Channel Reseller . We are a independent intity. The materials on this page are for information pourposes and in no way ment to imply that we are NEC or that NEC endorses our sight or servoces in any way. The entire copyright may be read at this page on the NEC Web Sight
NEC COPY RIGHT as follows
Materials contained in this Site are the copyrighted property of NEC Infrontia, Inc., 4 Forest Parkway Shelton, CT, U.S.A. All rights reserved. NEC Infrontia neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed in this Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with NEC Infrontia. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, reproduce, re-post or use the copyrighted materials on this Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio and video, without the express written consent of NEC Infrontia. You are hereby authorized to view, download, print and distribute individual pages from this Site subject to the following conditions:
A. The copyrighted materials on this Site may be used for informational purposes only.
B. Except as specifically authorized by NEC Infrontia, the copyrighted materials on this Site may only be used for non-commercial, personal purposes.
C. Any copy or distribution of the copyrighted materials on this Site, or portion thereof, must include this copyright notice, and all other copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials.
D. Use, duplication or disclosure by the United States Government is subject to the restrictions set forth in DFARS 252.227-7013 (c)(1)(ii) and FAR 52.227-19. Export of any information herein may be restricted and may require export licenses under applicable federal statutes